Samsung mobile phones have occupied the first position in the global mobile phone market share for many years, so popular mainly because of its quality and good user experience. A Samsung mobile phone can be used for up to 3-5 years, and the built-in original battery will generally reduce its capacity and battery life after 2 years of use. At this point, the phone battery needs to be replaced.
Ways to replace the phone battery
You have two options:
1. Buy reliable Samsung mobile phone batteries online, follow the replacement steps, and use tools to replace them yourself. Compared with repair shops, you can save a labor service fee.
2. Find a Samsung after-sales service or a mobile phone repair shop. On the after-sales page of Samsung’s official website, the labor service fee displayed is US$15. The cost of a mobile phone repair shop may be lower or higher.
Where can I buy Samsung mobile phone batteries?
Samsung mobile phone batteries can be purchased on platforms such as Amazon, eBay, and Google Shopping. According to the query related information, you can buy Samsung mobile phone batteries on any online shopping platform, and the prices are different, so you can choose. Samsung has equipped its own mobile phones with gel batteries, the full name of polymer lithium batteries, since the Galaxy S8.
How much is a Samsung battery?
Different models of batteries have different prices. Take the Samsung Galaxy S9 battery as an example. This battery is not officially sold on Amazon. The best-selling battery on Amazon is $23.99, while the retail price of the DEJI brand battery is $18. DEJI brand mobile phone batteries are manufactured according to the original quality standards, and there are many distributors all over the world, so they are trustworthy.
How much does it cost to replace a Samsung battery?
Samsung’s labor service fee is US$15, and Samsung Amazon’s original J7 battery costs US$11.45. If you go to Samsung’s official after-sales service to replace a j7 original battery, it will cost a total of US$26.5.
There are not many original battery models that Samsung officially sells, such as the s10 and s9. If you want to buy batteries for these two phones, you need to find batteries produced by third-party battery manufacturers. Look for well-known brands as much as possible. They have been doing it longer and their quality is more reliable.
How long does a Samsung phone battery last?
If you want to know how long the battery can last, you need to look at the important indicator of the battery - the number of cycles. The so-called number of battery cycles is a complete charge and discharge cycle, so the number of cycles is actually a calculation method of the charging cycle. When the battery reaches a complete charging cycle, the number of battery cycles will be +1.
A charge cycle means using up the battery's full capacity, but it doesn't necessarily mean a charge.
Samsung mobile phone batteries are generally designed to have a cycle life of 500-1000 cycles, and a theoretical service life of 2-4 years.
The actual lifespan mainly depends on the user's mobile phone usage habits. If you often play games and watch videos, the battery capacity will be a big test. A battery with a small capacity will run out quickly, while a battery with a large capacity will last longer. When the power is close to 10%, it needs to be charged, so the service life of the battery with a large capacity will be longer, while the service life of a battery with a small capacity will be shorter.
How to keep my Samsung battery healthy?
1. Charge when you have the opportunity: The best way to charge your phone is to charge it whenever you have the opportunity, and charge a little each time. Even if it's just a few minutes, sporadic charging won't damage the battery.
2. Don't "deep discharge": Don't wait for the battery to be completely drained before charging your phone. The so-called "deep discharge", that is, when the battery power is almost exhausted, recharging it will cause a great loss to the battery.
3. Keep the battery power at 65% to 75%: try to keep the battery power ratio between 65% and 75%. If you can always keep the proportion of the lithium battery in the smart phone between 65% and 75%, it will be very good for the health of the mobile phone battery.
4. Do not charge too much: the battery should be fully charged from a very low ratio at one time. Charging your phone's battery from a low of 25% to 100% will reduce battery capacity and shorten battery life.
5. After the phone is fully charged, it is recommended that you unplug the charger to avoid charging for a long time or being in a high power state for a long time to accelerate the aging of the battery to prolong the battery life.
6. If the mobile phone is idle for a long time, it is recommended to turn off the mobile phone and recharge it regularly to keep the battery at about 50%. If the mobile phone is not used for a long time without charging, the battery may trigger over-discharge protection, resulting in abnormal charging or failure to charge.
7. Too high or too low temperature will affect the service life of the mobile phone battery, so:
(1) Please try to avoid using your mobile phone in an environment with low temperature, high temperature or large temperature difference.
(2) It is recommended to avoid charging and using for a long time, especially in high-power operation scenarios (such as watching videos, playing large-scale games, etc.), when the phone heats up, and charging and discharging for a long time at high temperature will accelerate battery aging.